Social Icons

Featured Posts

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Read + Review!

Read + Review!

2014 Goodreads Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Booksniffer has read 9 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Upcoming "Just For Fun" Reviews

Taste Test Forever His to Possess The Weight of Souls Curtsies and Conspiracies Endless Knight Desert Son Mine Thousands of Mornings 3:59 Hard As You Can The Alpha Men's Secret Club Elsker

Upcoming Tour Reviews!

Bound by Lies April 8 Covered in Coal April 10 Forged by Fate April 14 Marked by Hades April 14 Self Destruct April 16 Destiny May 20 Synchrony May 20 This Wicked Rush May 20 See Through Me May 21 Absolute Zero May 23 Revealed May 29 Captured May 29

Latest Novel-to-Film Adaptation I've Watched:

Latest Novel-to-Film Adaptation I've Watched:
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters

Darkness Unleashed - JULY 27th!

Darkness Unleashed - JULY 27th!

Great Lakes Book Blogger Alliance

Awards!



Thanks go to: Read Write All The Time!

CHANGES & MERGER

Hello! I'm currently in the process of merging my 3 sites to make it easier for me to keep everything up.

So all book tours that have a ROMANCE title will be posted to the new site instead of here on Booksniffer Book Reviews. All non-romance titles will still be posted here.

Those posts can be found here: http://loveineverypage.weebly.com/

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but it'll be better in the long run.

~Christina

Thursday, April 03, 2014

4 Sniffs Review: OUTLAW by Amanda Lance




Title: Outlaw
Series: Wanted #1.5
Author: Amanda Lance
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Dark
Publisher: Limitless Publishing LLC
ASIN: B00J3DBH3Y
Release Date: March 17, 2014
Links: Goodreads Amazon

I shouldn’t have done that job.
I shouldn’t have stolen that girl.
And I sure as hell shouldn’t have fallen for her.

Charlie Hays knows two things: how to steal, and the red—the rage that keeps him going. In Wanted, when a last minute heist goes bad, he kidnaps the only witness, Addie Battes. But just when everyone begins to think he has gone and made the biggest mistake of his criminal career Charlie wonders if he hasn't made the best one.

Every love story has two sides…




OUTLAW is Charlie's version of Wanted. We see his side of the story and also get a more in depth look into the dynamics of the group.

I always love reading the male POV after having read the original book from the female POV. So I thought that OUTLAW was a real treat. 

There was one thing that bothered me a little while reading, though. OUTLAW makes Charlie seem...I don't know...less intelligent than Addie's POV did in Wanted. He was always bashing on himself and how he's not that smart, and I just didn't like it.



Since this is Charlie's POV, I think I'm going to focus on him for this section.

Charlie's got a real temper, and in OUTLAW we get to see just how much "The Red" makes him close to losing it countless times. Only Addie is able to clear The Red away. He is fiercely protective of her, and he loves her very deeply. Charlie may be a criminal with a long list of offenses, and in many ways that makes him very dangerous. But when it comes to Addie, he is very loving and gentle. He has a good heart.



The villain is Wallace, who we met in Wanted. From Charlie's POV we really see how messed up (and probably insane) he is. He sees Charlie and Addie as being the ones at fault for him not getting his money and being fired. So he's going to make them pay for it.



One of the things I love about the male POV is seeing how the guy sees the girl. We see her through his eyes and his thoughts. Charlie really made my heart melt in OUTLAW. I really don't know what else to say about the romance between him and Addie through his eyes, but I'll give it a try and hopefully not give anything away.

Charlie doesn't see himself as deserving of Addie's love. Reading his POV in OUTLAW after what happens in Conviction, really makes it easier to understand his thoughts and temperament in the second book.

He sees Addie as a good girl with everything going for her, and that he would only mess her life up more than he already has. He's constantly fighting with himself over what he feels in his heart and what he knows in his mind is the right thing to do.


Click the cover of Wanted for Goodreads page!
Click the cover of Conviction for Review!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17449946-wantedhttp://booksnifferbookreviews.blogspot.com/2014/03/4-sniffs-review-conviction-by-amanda.html



Was this review helpful?
Please vote for it on Amazon!
Just click the button!
Thank you!



0 Comments

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! Tell me what you thought of my review or just the book itself! Just say hello! Showing comment love is always nice and it lets me know that my reviews are being read.

Thank you! <3