Social Icons

Featured Posts

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Read + Review!

Read + Review!

2014 Goodreads Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Booksniffer has read 9 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Upcoming "Just For Fun" Reviews

Taste Test Forever His to Possess The Weight of Souls Curtsies and Conspiracies Endless Knight Desert Son Mine Thousands of Mornings 3:59 Hard As You Can The Alpha Men's Secret Club Elsker

Upcoming Tour Reviews!

Bound by Lies April 8 Covered in Coal April 10 Forged by Fate April 14 Marked by Hades April 14 Self Destruct April 16 Destiny May 20 Synchrony May 20 This Wicked Rush May 20 See Through Me May 21 Absolute Zero May 23 Revealed May 29 Captured May 29

Latest Novel-to-Film Adaptation I've Watched:

Latest Novel-to-Film Adaptation I've Watched:
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters

Darkness Unleashed - JULY 27th!

Darkness Unleashed - JULY 27th!

Great Lakes Book Blogger Alliance

Awards!



Thanks go to: Read Write All The Time!

CHANGES & MERGER

Hello! I'm currently in the process of merging my 3 sites to make it easier for me to keep everything up.

So all book tours that have a ROMANCE title will be posted to the new site instead of here on Booksniffer Book Reviews. All non-romance titles will still be posted here.

Those posts can be found here: http://loveineverypage.weebly.com/

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but it'll be better in the long run.

~Christina

Saturday, May 17, 2014

3.5 Sniffs Review: ONE WILD NIGHT by Jessie Evans




Title: One Wild Night
Series: Wild Rush #0.5
Author: Jessie Evans
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Publisher: Self Taught Ninja Press
ASIN: B00JFHKE1Y
Release Date: April 1, 2014
Source: Amazon.com
Links: Goodreads ☆ Amazon

One night can change your life...

"Come on, Caitlin, let me help you get what you need."

The way he says it, it’s about so much more than money. It’s about the way he makes my skin hot and my lips tingle, it’s about the way he makes my heart race and banishes the exhaustion that’s been my constant companion since I quit school to be a full-time surrogate parent. It’s about the flicker of hope he lights inside me. That flame isn’t much bigger than a candle right now, but I can sense how easy it would be for it to grow, to rise higher and higher until it sets my world on fire.

I’m standing at the threshold of a moment that will change my life, and not necessarily for the better. I know that, I know it with everything in me, all the way down to the marrow of my bones.

But still I nod. And take his hand. And let him lead me out into the night.

Fans of Lauren Blakely and Jasinda Wilder will love the edgy, sexy, boundary-pushing Wild Rush series.




Caitlin Cooney is a 20 year old high school dropout raising her younger brothers and niece. She's working two jobs that barely put food on the table and a roof over their heads. Her father is an alcoholic spending money faster than Caitlin can make it, and her sister ran off leaving Caitlin to care for her daughter. Bills are piling up and the property tax is due. They have no money and Caitlin fears losing the house and her brothers and niece to the foster care system.

On her birthday, her best friend takes her out to a club to relax and let loose for a change. While on the dance floor, she begins dancing with a man she feels an instant attraction to. But when she finally sees his face, it's none other than Gabe, a rich bad boy she went to high school with. When he offers to help Caitlin get what she needs to keep her family together, she's reluctant but desperate and takes it.

ONE WILD NIGHT is the introduction to the Wild Rush series, and shows us the night that Caitlin and Gabe met and the wild night that ensued. And let's just say that Gabe helps Caitlin get what she needs in multiple ways. The story continues in This Wicked Rush, the first book in the series.



Caitlin: She has a strong sense of responsibility and loves her family a lot. She's wearing holes in her stomach with the worry that her family will be taken from her and she'll be homeless. Dancing is one of the only things that makes Caitlin feel burden-free. She doesn't particularly like Gabe, especially with what she remembers of him from high school, but she does feel a strong attraction to him. In her desperation to save her family, she accepts Gabe's version of helping her get what she needs to make it happen.

Gabe: He doesn't want for anything, coming from a rich family, and he's tired of the good girls being thrown at him in an effort to change his bad boy ways. As the son of a lawyer, Gabe sees the injustices of the world more clearly than most. He feels a rush going against the established government and it's laws. He has his own way of righting a wrong, whether the government sees it lawful or not. When he learns of Caitlin's circumstances, and remembers her reason for dropping out of high school, he offers his help to get her the money that she needs.



There isn't much in the romance department in this prequel, but there are some smoking hot moments on the dance floor and in a car. Caitlin and Gabe have a combustible chemistry and attraction. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens between them when I read This Wicked Rush.


Was this review helpful?
Please vote for it on Amazon!
Just click the button!
Thank you!



0 Comments

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! Tell me what you thought of my review or just the book itself! Just say hello! Showing comment love is always nice and it lets me know that my reviews are being read.

Thank you! <3